Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Don't Wait on Despair

Weekend Entrepreneur: 101 Great Ways to Earn Extra Cash

After watching a news segment this morning about a woman who started her own business when her family was thrust into the unemployment line alongside her laid off husband - I did a bit of searching on people who had become successful after such life altering events had occurred. It's amazing the number of books that are listed on Amazon that touch on this very subject.


Looking back over my own career history, I realize that I wouldn't be where I am today had a 'boss' not fired me some time back.

Long story short, I had a job I loved, the owner got married, the wife got jealous and greedy and fired three women who worked for the small, privately owned business. That's a whole different topic for a whole different blog, but the point is, had that woman not pushed her pillow talkin' hand and urged her husband to fire me, I'd have never gotten 'angry' enough to want to prove myself a success. And what's even better is I've proven myself a success in various arena's not even remotely close to the one I was working in with them.

It truly feels good to have started completely from scratch, carved out a niche I could call my own and know that I don't have anyone to hold responsible for my own success or failure but me.

I know there are many people out there who think so often how nice it would be to work from home. I'm telling you, it IS nice! There aren't enough excuses out there that would support your not pursuing that dream. Don't wait to be fired from your job - don't wait until your family is hit with some terrible disaster to get motivated. Do it now!

It's so much better when you can tell someone that you can't work for them because it doesn't fit into YOUR schedule as opposed to being told you don't fit into theirs.

Just for humor sake, why not offer up your best excuse for why you've not started working from home just yet? I'm anxious to hear!

If you need a little inspiration or something to jump start your imagination in the right direction, I recommend Weekend Entrepreneur: 101 Great Ways to Earn Extra Cash



1 comments:

Unknown said...

It does sound interesting!