Sunday, September 02, 2007

Interview with Traci Anderson

First- This week will be a bit off because of the holiday. So today is WAHM interview, tomorrow (wednesday) will be Tip Tuesday and then we are back to our regular schedule.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Traci Anderson is a mom of all trades, she has had her own work-at-home-buisness for a little over five years where she dabbles with art, crafting and even writing. So as you can see this is not something she takes lightly, she even finds time to volunteer at a town program called, "Young Lives Program." I think this program sounds great to be honest, this is where they link teen moms with "mom-mentors." Isn't that great ya'll?

Her site is Craft Kits 2 Go, it's something every parent needs. Check out all the quick craft ideas. I know mine love crafts. How about yours?

How many kids do you have?

I have "Irish Twins". My daughter is 4 and my son will turn 3 next month.

For those that may not know, Irish twins is when babies are born within 12 months of each other.

Tell me a bit about your business?

I have numerous irons in the fire. I am a blogger, writer, and graphic artist. I also recently opened to E-Commerce stores that have been quite successful. Every few weeks I launch a new site knowing that my children will both be in school in two years and I will be able to work full-time from home.

Did you work outside the home before this?

Yes, I have been in the Social Services industry for over twelve years. I worked as a Youth Counselor, Rape and Assault Advocate and most recently as a Child Abuse Investigator.

What is the hardest thing about being a WAHP?

Finding quiet time and a quiet place to work has always been my biggest challenge. Thankfully, we have a very reputable drop-in childcare center that I use twice per week to get some extra work done at my favorite coffee shop. Otherwise, I work during naptimes and bedtimes.

Sounds just like me, I tend to do most of my freelance writing late at night. My blogging is done on spot, whenever I have a moment.

Which do you prefer?

While I enjoyed aspects of my previous career, I would not give up my at-home job for anything. I love the flexibility I have along with the ability to work independently. I don't plan to ever return to the traditional workforce. (I would be an awful employee if I did...I am too used to calling the shots!) =)

Are there moments where you wish you could work outside the home again?

Not really. There are moments when I wished I had additional assistance with the children, but I never regret my decision to work at home.

What made you decide to be a WAHP?

My mom opened a home-based daycare when my sister was born so the idea of working from home was ingrained in me, I guess. I actually started planning a work-at-home business before my kids were even born. By the time my daughter was born, I was earning nearly a full-time income in direct sales.

How do you advertise it?

I advertise my business in numerous ways. I've set up Email signatures and am an active participant in forum discussions. I also recently purchased an Adwords and Yahoo Pay Per Click campaign. Most of my advertising simply comes through networking, however. I am a firm believer that you need to establish strong relationships even on the internet to have a successful business.

Thank you for taking your time to answer all these questions. I know there was a lot of them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - Thanks for the interview! =) Nice blog, by the way. Keep up the good work.