Monday, October 08, 2007

Interview with Erin

Ever dream about working from your home and doing it all yourself? I know many of you have, or you woulnd't be reading this blog. Well that's exactly what Erin, a mother of three boys, did. She has started her own blog in order to help you become a bit more free over at Working for Financial Freedom.

What's your name and can ya tell me a bit about yourself? (not your job, but you)

My name is Erin. I'm in my late 20's and a sahm and very part-time wahm. I spent four years in the Marine Corps, and since getting out I've been working on my BS in Management. I love to read, walk and spend time with my family.

I'm the mother of four and we are actually about to get out of the Corps ourselves. (well he is)

How many kids do you have?
I have 3 boys, they are 9 and under.

Tell me a bit about your business?

I don't really have a "business" persay. I'm writing to help others learn how to save money, spend less, and get out of debt. I am a couponer and refunder and have been doing it for years and teaching my friends and family to do it. I figured what better way to help others than to start my own website?

Have you earned any money off it? I know just starting off you can make a bit with google.

Did you work outside the home before this?

Not in a long time. I got out of the Marine Corps in 2000 and haven't worked since then.

What is the hardest thing about being a WAHP?
Finding the time to work! Just finding the time to complete this interview was hard. Right now my youngest is still taking two naps a day so I try to use that time to work. And occasionally at night too, although at the end of the day I usually just crash.

Which do you prefer?

Working at home-although there are days I wish I could go into an office and work knowing that there are no distractions from home.

Are there moments where you wish you could work outside the home again?

If it's been a rough day with the kids, maybe. But I'm very glad to be at home with my kids. I love the flexibility of working at home.

Flexibility is good, but I know what you mean on the rough day. One of those where you can get anything done because someone is always fighting or one is sick. Course the sick makes you glad sometimes about being home already, now you don't have to take the time off.

How long have ya been a WAHP?

I just started doing this again 3 months ago.

What made you decide to be a WAHP?

Debt. And family.

Long story short- we had a family death and need to move back to be close to my husband's family. The cost of living in California is MUCH higher than where we are living now. We have a credit card (almost paid off! yeah!) and 2 car payments. We realized that if we are going to move back soon we need to get these paid off. We feel like we've been spinning our wheels to pay off the debt but not getting anywhere. So we changed tactics and have paid off $18,000 in debt since March 28th, 2007.

I decided to be a WAHP to help our progress in getting out of debt.

How do you advertise it?

I really don't. I like to visit other blogs I'm interested in, and put the link to my blog in my signature when posting at my favorite forums. But I don't do much. My goal really is just to provide quality material for people to read, and so far people have been coming back to read more. So it seems I'm doing something right!

Thank you for taking your time to answer these questions, sorry there was a repeat one in there. Not to worry I did delete it. But I'll ask what I meant now, "What is your favorite part of being a WAHP?

0 comments: