Sunday, March 18, 2007

B.S.I. Investigation - For the Love of Cupcakes


B.S.I. Investigation - For the Love of Cupcakes


Tip One: I would recommend utilizing the space at your header to share a strip of Google Ad links. Those tend to do very well in that location - either above your header or just below it and above your main content area.


Tip Two: Add an email link. You should always want your visitors to know is they can contact you via email at any time – It’s nice to know that there’s a real person with real contact options behind the blog. With so many splogs going, this is a must for a serious blogger. Not providing an email link can often give the impression that you’re not taking your work seriously, so why should they?


Tip Three: Utilize the blogger widgets to offer up your archives. Allow your visitors easy access to your history of posts. I don’t see those options in your sidebar and think you’re missing great opportunities to lock in your visitors without them.


Tip Four
: I would highly recommend joining Amazon.com and provide links to the various utensils that would help in making the lovely cupcakes you’re describing. You’ve got a nice niche there and Amazon would be a nice addition.


Tip Five: I’m not sure the ads you’re showing in your sidebar are exactly right for your topic. It might be worth moving the Google Adsense bar up and giving it prime space over the jewelry. Your visitors are going to be coming for cupcakes you should consider selecting items that are going to appeal to them. Think about the things that you might impulse buy if you were visiting your site and place those in the sidebar.

Anyone else have anything to add? Besides the 5 lbs I've just added to my hips from reading Crystal's blog? :)

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Thanks for the tips. I am putting them into place now. :)

Anonymous said...

Crystal ~ I'm glad you liked the tips. Please make sure to keep me updated. I would love if you would share the progress with me and my readers.