Monday, January 29, 2007

Site Build It or Site Scam It?



I've seen Site Build It around the net quite a bit and frankly never gave it a second glance. However, I've come across a couple of people - one who has taken advantage of what Site Build It has to offer while the other is doing a bit of homework before investing $299 in their services.

Maybe I'm too much of a tightwad and a control freak - but frankly, I'm not going to pay someone $299 to build a site that's going to be trapped in their hosting plan for the life of the site. Furthermore, I'm not going to continue paying $299 per year for hosting of that site when there are other valuable and reliable hosts out there like
Bluehost that offers a very easy blog setup option for under $100 per year. I've personally used Bluehost for three years and absolutely adore them!

IF I were a dishonest person out purely to make money by scamming people for services that are offered cheaper or even free on the net, I'd probably develop a business just like Site Build It!

Yes, I'm being very judgmental as far as Site Build It is concerned - but to be fair, I'm going to open the door here for someone who actually LIKES their services. That doesn't include the owners or affiliates trying to make back a portion of their $299 investment, but genuine fans who'd use the service even if there wasn't a way to make money with them - I'd love to hear your arguments in defense of this organization.

Until I hear enough to change my mind, I'm going to strongly encourage anyone looking at their services to avoid them at all cost. I KNOW you can develop your own successful business online and at a much lesser expense - because I've done it!

More discussion on Site Build It on the MomGadget Forums

4 comments:

Mike said...

Hi, I have been checking out the Site Build-It option and have been impressed with Dr. Ken Evoy's description of how his own daughter makes money on the Net.
Take a look at these two links:
http://wahm.sitesell.com/smallbiz28.html
http://ilovesbi.sitesell.com/smallbiz28.html

Imah said...

Hi, It's good to get opinoins like this to help others before they make a wrong choice.

If you have the time, can u look at this site, and let me know what you think of their silver packages?

It cost more than a thousand dollars!

Is it really worth it?

http://www.worldprofit.com

http://www.worldprofit.com/packages/specials3_new.cfm?FeaturePackageID=474&id=0

Thanks,
Fatimah

Anonymous said...

does bluehost optimize your site? Submit your site to search engines? Research the best and most in demand keywords?

Blogger said...

DreamHost is the best website hosting company for any hosting plans you might need.