Thursday, August 11, 2005

Overcoming Challenges and Reaching Goals

While working on the “homework” that’s been outlined in the Problogger series – 31 Days to Building a Better Blog, I’ve probably taken some projects a bit deeper than intended. Because of my own shortcomings and fears, I have to wonder, what fears others are encountering that prevent them from setting goals or achieving them.

One of the biggest challenges I face, is html. I’m not even close to knowing it and understanding it as well as I would like. There have been numerous times that a friend or family member will tell me that one of my sites appears off, with content showing near the bottom of the page or off the side of the screen. It’s been rather difficult for me to wrap my mind around this because that’s not what I see when I look at specific pages. How do you develop a site that appears as it should in all browsers?

I suppose the fear of what the outside world may see when looking at my sites is one of the biggest challenges that sometimes push me into a little funk mainly because I just can’t figure out how to create a “page” that appears the same to all people, especially with Foxfire out now. Most complaints come from foxfire users and being the “creature of habit” that I am, I’ve yet to download the browser and attempt using it. Why fix it if it ain’t broke?

Are you letting certain fears come between you and your goals? I’d be interested in hearing some of those fears and from some who may have some tips for overcoming those fears.

So tell me, what’s stopping you?

0 comments: