Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tuesday Tip Day

Our tip this week comes from Traci Anderson, the mom-of-all-trades.

What tip would you like to give others that are WAHP or want to be?

Start early. If you don't have children yet, think about ways that you can work from home and take action. It is extremely difficult (but definitely do-able) to launch a business from home with a newborn. It is much easier to plan ahead and be prepared. Also, nearly every opportunity I've found (writing, blogging and direct sales) jobs have been through forum networking. I am a regular on a work-at-home moms site and have actually been offered jobs there. Have patience, perseverance and always remember your "whys". Whenever I feel burnt out, I remind myself that it isn't "all-about-me". It's for my family.

You know I never thought of starting early, but I can see how this would work. Get things established first so you just have to slide right in instead of having to figure out the whole process. Excellent advice Traci.

Are you a freelance writer? What tip would you give WAHP?

0 comments: