Monday, March 26, 2007

B.S.I. Investigation - The Journey of a Mommy

B.S.I. Investigation - The Journey of a Mommy



Tip One: The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the site is very busy! Too busy in fact. I'd highly recommend cutting down on the number of scrolling text bars and the number of animated ads. To many distractions going on to prevent a person getting to the meat of your blog. The content.


Tip Two: Statistically, easy-to-read fonts will do much better then the funky more artistic ones. I'd recommend looking at a Times or Ariel font. Choosing a font that's more decorative gives the impression that you're not exactly blogging for an audience.


Tip Three
: The email me button isn't overly easy to read. Perhaps making the button a clickable link would be beneficial. You always want to step outside your blog and try to view it as your readers would. Make navigation as easy as you can. Offer as many one click options as you can.



Tip Four
: The Header here is absolutely adorable, but it's hard to read. Consider placing the header on a white background to make it stand out. Don't forget to make it clickable to the front of your blog too -- this is one of those easy navigation tips that some people tend to overlook.



Tip Five
: Tagging - I think you may be missing the boat by not using Technorati tags. This is a great traffic generator and a great way to keep track of who is linking to you and your posts. Blogger has made it so much easier to tag with their labels option. It's there, it's free, give it a try.



I'd like to thank Jenni for allowing me to critique her blog. If any of my
Work at Home Blog readers have any tips they'd like to add, please do.


After all, we are only as good as our readers tell us we are, right?

0 comments: